Friday, July 24, 2009

Saints Tax Credits - That's the Tickets

I will admit that I am probably one of the least well off Saints ticket holders. It takes a considerable amount of budget juggling and sacrifice to come up with the cash for my Saints tickets. That's why when I read the news accounts of New Orleans Saints players and coaches being taken in on a tax credit scam it's kind of hard for me to get shaken up about it. I'd like the chance to invest a couple hundred thousand in something but I doubt I'll ever get it. Judging from the stories though, none of these guys will be missing many meals though.
On to other things. Much is being made of the New Orleans Saints overhaul of their defense under Gregg Williams. We're a long way from validation but I like the tone being set and the opinions being expressed. This is supposed to be an ATTACKING defense with an aggressive style. While you're always open to being beaten by being too aggressive, I'd rather do that than get beaten slowly inch by inch. The 2008 Saints defense smacked too much of a "prevent" style which seems to me to be completely worthless. Player changes and attitude changes could make a big difference in this unit in 2009.